|Ravenfield Folk 1|
|Ravenfield Folk 2|
|Ravenfield Folk 3|
|St James Church|
|Local Quarries 2|
|Glimpse of the Past|
|Glimpse of the Past 2|
|St Peters Conisbro'|
In the fourteenth century a Johannes de Connesburgh', Armiger [ Shield Bearer ] was the lord of the manor.
Ravenfield Park which was the Deer Park was established by the Westby family who were Lords of the Manor at the time along with Ravenfield Hall.
The year 1710 found a Thomas Westby of Ravenfield, esquire,
1700's The Westby fortune like the Reresby's of Thrybergh must have somewhat diminished at this time and Ravenfield was sold to a Mrs. Madam Elizabeth Parkin.
George Obourne was to marry Mary Laughton and they inherited Ravenfield when Elizabeth Parkin died in 1776.
1818 T. B. Bosvile, Esq was the owner of Ravenfield he was the son of Thomas Bosvile of Braithwell. The Bosvile family between the 16th and 19th centuries owned Ravenfield Park, Ulverscroft, Leicestershire, Thorpe Hall, Lincolnshire, and other estates. The Ravenfield estate was valued and recorded in 1823
In the1920's Phoenix Sports and Social Club bought the estate and used it as a fishing venue for members.
During the 2nd World War the estate was used as a prisoner of war camp recorded as Camp 296.
The Hall was demolished during the last century
Photos courtesy Margaret Stead and Robert Bird
Text and page formatting John Doxey
||Email John Doxey||Ravenfield Home|
three Village sites are listed as a local source of History on
All text and pages as formatted and presented on this site Copyright John Doxey and may not be reproduced under any circumstances without consent.
Photos, and information Copyright to Primary Sources where applicable